Saturday, December 31, 2005

Tintin and Assbike Song

When I was a kid I loved Tintin comic books. The big colorful books really stood out from everything else in the bookmobile. Buying the collection would be a real indulgence, so why did it not occur to me until now that scans would be available on the internet ? The scans obviously can't match the appeal of the books, but still they're nice to have.

What I probably got a kick out of was the slapstick comedy:



and the precise and detailed depictions:



Plus there was the cast of crazy characters: dimwit detectives, scimitar waving arabs, villains with skinny mustaches and eccentric scientists.



...and of course the hard-drinking ...



...foul-mouthed ...



Captain Haddock.

Last year's Life Aquatic



pushed a lot of the same buttons for me and also provides this week's Assbike song.

Now, don't get the wrong idea; I don't in a darkened room and listen to Sigur Ros, but week's Assbike song is Staralfur by Sigur Ros (6.5 mb) which plays during the climactic scene of that movie.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home