Sunday, December 24, 2006

The Best of .... 1990 ?



This is that time of year when everyone lists their top songs and music of the year.

That's all cool and all, but I came acros spiritofradio.ca, a CFNY fan page and lists ther year end charts going back to 1978. One the right there is the top 90 from 1990, the year of Madchester - funky basslines and pulsing organs. And those long forgotten names! Electronic ! Sugarcubes ! Bootsauce !

Here's the five Madchester tunes from the way back machine.

Stone Roses - Fool's Gold (9:55)

Happy Mondays - Step On (5:17)

Charlatans UK - The Only One I Know (3:56)

Soup Dragons - I'm Free (3:23)

Inspiral Carpets - Commercial Rain (4:40)


PS. That pic at the top is a close up of this house I spotted on one of my night rides. THe lat few years everyone seems to trying to out do each other on the Halloween and Christmas decorations.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Barry said...

I have a collection of old music charts clipped from newspapers and I'm fairly sure I still have that one.

"Policy of Truth" finishing ahead of "Enjoy the Silence" was a crime.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home