Sunday, January 29, 2006

Rainy Day Projects

I didn't have a tool that fit the spokes on the rear wheel of the fixie so I resorted to stepping on the wheel iteratively to smooth out the taco as best I could.

Before :



After:



It was far from perfect, but at least I could assbike it to Value Village to shop for some material. I have two saddles that need some re-covering.



It would be easy to re-cover with some old piece of pleather, but I was looking for something a bit more unique. Something ... like this ...



maybe something animal or metallic or a superhero backpack... but nothing caught my eye. I did leave with the lampshade of my dreams though.

In local assbike news, some motorist got into a fight with a well known courier in Kensington Market and some bystander managed to snap pics of the whole thing (here).



Also, the weekend means it time for Assbike Song. I know should no longer be amazed that things I was into before I knew about the internet are on the internet; but I was happy to find that Mint Records has a pretty decent website with streaming music. Mint was home to a bunch of cool pop pop power-pop bands, like cub, Huevos Rancheros, the Smugglers.



The site has a buncha videos, including a Canadian classic Gump Worsley's Lament (by Huevos Rancheros) (kinda slow, btw. that dude that looks like your uncle Frank is Gump Worsley). But that's not even the song of the week. This week's Assbike tune is Freaky by cub (2.0 mb).

Ohyeah, it looks like I'll be going into Feb. with only 22 hrs in my legs, so it's no wonder everything's looking pear-shaped these days.



Greta wasn't too happy with the sculpture I made of her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home