Friday, November 17, 2006

Heartland Rock Sucks Ass.



I dunno why this is (is this one of those tipping point instances ?) but lately I'm seeing/hearing all kinds of bands and hipsteurs name checking Bruce Springsteen!

I even saw a band that did about four Boss covers in their set. Is this revivial of Heartland music all driven by that ridiculous John Cougar Mellencamp Chevy commercial ?

So, Springsteen is the new Johnny Cash and Bob Seger is the new Willie Nelson ? Fuck all the gravelly voices and denim. The faster this revival dies, the better off we'll all be ... there I said it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm 13 years late to reply to this and yeah dawg, I agree. Heartland rock music is so corny and boring. And if I have to hear that stupid John Mellencamp song one more time... Imma be super duper pissed off and punch somebody for playing that hillbilly nasal boring trash at a bar or a restaurant even in my car.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home