Thursday, August 16, 2007

Unethical


I have one daily guilty pleasure and that is reading Gawker. Gawker has no redeeming qualities, no real content, obsesses over NYC publishing gossip and socilaites and has only one tone: snark.

But I keep comig back for those few and far between worthwhile posts, like the Unethicist.

Example:

Two years ago, I lived in Singapore, and my apartment was robbed. Recently, when I returned, I found that the robber was sentenced to 10 years in prison and 10 strokes of the cane. The sentence seems excessive and the caning barbaric. I want to appeal for mercy on his behalf, but must I accept Singaporean justice? When in Asia, do I do as the Asians do?
David J. Powell, East Granby, Conn.


It is, and has always been, the white man's role on this planet to decide what is best for every one.




For all the entries by the Unethicist see Here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home