Thursday, November 08, 2007

Since you asked - Can this be real ?

I can't help but read the lame-o advice column Since you asked in Salon.com.

It is just too earnest to be a parody. This week some lamer is distraught that their beighbou dumped them for a new buddy and Cary Tennis gives a hilariously long winded answer. Except he's serious

Dear Cary,

My neighbor and I were inseparable friends. We had morning coffee about three times a week. We had intimate, confidential conversations. We visited every day in our front yards.

Things were going along fine until I got a job. I would be getting ready for work, and I would see her strolling up the street for regular morning coffee with another neighbor. The hurt came when I realized that my neighbor had totally dumped me and had moved on to this other friend. When I was at home, she no longer had the time of day for me. Everything now was about her new friend. I felt dumped and betrayed. I am having a hard time with this, as she lives next door to me. I can't get it out of my mind. I have cried a lot of tears over the loss of this friendship. Our houses are close together and I see her often in the course of a week.

I want to move on, but it is so hard having the person who betrayed my friendship living right next door.

What advice can you give me?

Spurned Neighbor


Read the answer here, foreal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home