Tuesday, December 04, 2007

More "Since You Asked"

If there was any doubt that everyone in the western world is living an extended adolesence here's another from the lame-o advice column on Salon.com :

There's a question lingering in the back of my mind that you and your readers may be able to bring some light on.

I am a 26-year-old single girl. I have only been in one relationship in life. I feel confident and attractive "to my kind of people" and I haven't really found anybody who interests me romantically -- I only have a couple of close friends "who may" or "may not" get me.

I find myself dismissive of everyone who doesn't meet a certain criterion of originality or truth. I am starting to feel weird about this solitude that I embody; it makes people around me uncomfortable, starting with my family and co-workers.

There is a part of me that wants to conform and date "normals" and dress up to greet each day with lipstick on -- but I personally feel like it's OK for a person to be who they want to be ... messy hair and white socks with dress pants ... but it seems everywhere/everyone is all about socializing and "getting out there." Am I really missing something? Why does everyone push relationships? Why does everyone feel the need to push others? I just want to be myself -- whoever that is at any given time of the day.

I thank you for your time, sir. And RADIOHEAD ROCKS!

existential artist


Dear existential artist. You have the brain of a 15 year old girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home