Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Riding Update

It's only been a week since I started with the intervals. The difference between racers and schmoes is intervals.

The workout goes like this. I ride out to the docks where there is a 6 km circuit. I ride the first half lap as if it's hard tempo, I settle into a good TT pace for the second lap and I ride at the limit on the last half lap. After that I am shattered and I ride around easy. Sometimes I recover a bit and do some hills in The Beaches, like this great 1.5 km climb I found.

Within a week I am feeling a surge of power and the arrogance that goes along with it. Awesome.

3 Comments:

Blogger Barry said...

There's a great hill heading north at the base of Vic Park (IIRC) where it meets the beach. Is this the 1.5 km climb you've been riding?

2:51 PM  
Blogger Amit said...

You're thinking of the Scarborough Bluffs which goes from the Beach at the base of Brimley to Kingston Rd.

The climb I'm talking about goes from Queen St. up a small residential street called Grand Manor and then up Pine Crescent (which is paved with interlocking bricks).

It takes a winding route up to Kingston Rd.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Barry said...

No, the Scarborough Bluffs hill is a different one (and much much harder). Once you get to the eastern edge of the bike path along the East Beaches, you can keep going east along the side streets, eventually turning north up some fairly steep hills.

I think I've been on Grand Manor -- it starts near the end of Queen Street, somewhere around the streetcar station?

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home