Saturday, August 19, 2006

Is there an Eco in Here ?

My computer had some issues -- which I traced to some loose memory chips, so I missed out onh a few weeks of blogging. But Assbike Magazine is back in business baby.

I never get around to just reading for fun, since I always have school hanging obver my head, and I feel if I am reading I should be reading shit to do with work. But I did manage to pick up two books in the past week (of course I was suposed to be getting finanace textbooks).

I found "Juiced", Jose Canseco's autobiography about drugs and guns and fast cars and maybe some baseball in the bargoon bin at IGA. Not much there that was that surprising other than Canseco's boasting about being the dude that changed ball and created the whole long ball era. He is also kind of a meathead (yeah?). The one surprising thing in the book was that he almost killed himself when his (ex-)wife was seeing someone else. How gay.

I also picked up Foucault's Pendulum (Umberto Eco). The "smart" Da Vinci Code. I'm a hundred and fifty pages into it and I still don't know what the fuck is going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home