Saturday, August 19, 2006

New Assbike


I finally put together the Tequila Sunrise Marinoni. I was almost dying without a good assbike to boot around town. I mostly used parts I had around, but I picked up rear wheel from Cavern Cycles (one of the best stores in my o), which was the biggest thing I needed. In total I spent $40 for the rear wheel, $25 for the Dura-Ace cog, $5 for the chain and $7 for chainring bolts. Everything else was from shid I had lying around.

I fixed the steerer tube with the wedge of a stem. I slowly tapped it in until the tube was round again.





Here it is the finished result :



Check out the Mavic pursuit bars :



and this is the seat I re-upholstered a whilie back:



I opted to go with no brakes, which is appropriately anti-social. With the bars so low it is also appropriatley inpractical. But riding it around feels totally badass. Tonight I decided to celebrate and go for an assbike bar hop and made a few stops.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ButterPeanut said...

wow, I can't believe (a) you built that, and (b) you drink and then ride a brakeless bike around. Hats off to you, sir.

3:09 AM  
Blogger Ian said...

that's lookin pretty nice. now you just need a really loud hawaiian shirt to cruise around. and the hole in the down-tube? can't be fixed right?

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home