Friday, May 05, 2006

Cramps and Karaoke


Last Sunday I did another donut ride and my quads completely cramped on the way on on a small rise and I had to drop back. So I ended up riding (crawling) back into the city solo at like 25 kph.

My legs were sore for three days afterwards, but my legs felt stronger after cramping, but I still don't have to sustained power to ride the way I want. Last night onthe Thursday night ride I got dropped earlier than I ever have. I have the strength to make short surges and punch up short hills, but I'm feeling the effects of a pretty slack winter.

Usually after Thursday night rides I'm too lazy to cook up some dinner so it's tempting to hit up the nightly special at Mayday Malone's. Thursday night is half price Mexican, and I was jonesin' for one of those quesadillas, and it is also Karaoke night and is easily the busiest night of the week.

Some of the singers are actually really good, so I usually get sucked in for a drink or two after dinner just to stick around and listen. Last night some cherubic little chick belted out Bonnie Tyler's "Holding out for a Hero". It was pretty damn impressive for a little girl to have a big voice like that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I was introduced to the concept of the assbike this weekend by my friend Lisa the Knitter (you might know of her), and I am now converted. I pick up my assbike on Saturday. I also heard a rumor that Bengalis are obsessed with buckets of water?

1:20 AM  
Blogger Amit said...

>Bengalis are obsessed with buckets of water?

totally. it's genetic. sometimes i get the urge myself to pour water all over the place and then go squat in a corner.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

haha, don't we all!

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home