Sunday, April 02, 2006

Donut Ride

Today I (and maybe a hundred ? other peeps) did the "Infamous" Donut Ride. It has a reputation of being fast and lawless, which are overstated -- I think. For me there was no surprise, I have a pretty good idea of what my fitness is (mediocre).

For TO based riders this ride is no big dilly, but it is amazing to think that the ride continues even though the organizing body is long gone, that there's quite a lot of people who have the fairly high level of skill and fitness that one needs to do a ride like this once or twice a week. It's something any not-too-old and healthy person can acquire, but it is still pretty decent compared to your average city-dwelling schmoe.

This here is an approx. map of the route (stolen!).



But no one has ever needed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home