Saturday, April 01, 2006

Spring Training

Spring cleaning continues. Tonight I rode rode about 100kms, all within the confines of the CNE. It was pretty uneventful other than a sighting of Zanta, but it was remarkably easy to ride a 5 minute loop, for 3 hours ... solo ... without music. It would be sooo easy to escape to a life of just riding and bumming.

It wouldn't be possible without a good pedestal to park my ass on:

(you can see where my fat legs have worn away the black paint on the seatpost clamp)

With bike seats you don't always get what you pay for. I was contemplating biting the bullet and dropping $150 on an Arione, but then this landed in my lap. This is the best seat I've used and I got it for *FREE* from Cyclepath.

So I'm watching Real Time now and apparently Erica Jong is not Chinese, and pretty stupid. Along with Dana Rohrabacher it's a pretty stupid panel tonight. Well Rohrabacher isn't stupid he's just an apologist who's trying to defend the indefensible.

This week's Assbike Song is Spooky by Dusty Springfield (3.0 meg). Brits have always done a good job studying and preserving the work of other cultures, so it makes sense one of the best Motown singers ever would be an Irish girl from London. I even came across a video, which really sucks (production-wise), but if you wonder what she looks like, here it is:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home