Sunday, September 17, 2006

Mad Money, Booyah !



Since I decided that my post-degree future would be in finance, not physics (and more out of necessity than choice) I've been trying to absorb as much finance as possible.

The best ting I've gotten into is Jim Cramer's Mad Money on CNBC. For an hour this bug eyed little troll leaps and screams and throws shit and trash talks other analysts calling them "clowns", as the camera jumps around and zooms in and out and sound effects and props fly around the room. One of Jim's catchphrases is "Booyah!". Cramerwatch.org, a critical blog writes:

To Jim's credit, I waffle between admiration for someone who can go on live TV and essentially wing it for an hour and fear that he is like that all the time and they just invite cameras in for a while.


I first heard about Jim Cramer from a GQ article years ago. He was the mercurial hedge-fund manager who went from sleeping in his car to making millins for himself and his clients. A super type-A personality, he would get up a 3am and read a dozen papers before getting to work and during his legendary tantrums would throw computers and phones around the office.

Cramer got out out of the hedge fund business a while ago but he's channeled all that energy and madness into the Wall St. version of Pee Wee's Playhouse.

On Friday he was PLAYING IN A SANBOX! He had a sandbox in the studio and he actually sat in it and PLAYED IN THE SAND!

I don't know how much I am actually learning from Mad Money, but it is hella entertaining.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ButterPeanut said...

at my mom's gym, where there's a private tv in front of every piece of equipment, the screens form a patchwork quilt of (a) that reality show from MTV with the dumb girl, and (b) this bug eyed freak.

I find that disturbing, and nobody else does.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Booyah?" I'd take this as a good sign , re the career switch, if I were in your place

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home